Bred by Charles, 2nd Lord Tankerville, in Northumberland, and later owned by Charles Fleetwood, of Middlesex. The latter presented him to Frederick, Prince of Wales, who in turn presented him to Charles, 5th Lord Baltimore. Imported in 1747 by Benjamin Tasker, he was the first English horse to reside in Maryland. He stood at Tasker's Belair Stud until his death in 1756. He sired the full siblings Hopper's Pacolet (gr c 1750c) and Gantt's Mille (f 1752c).